Dear NATEA Members, Sponsors, Supporters and Friends:
We invite you to submit an article for the North America Taiwanese Engineers' Association (NATEA) Journal. The 2005 NATEA Journal was published in time for our January 13 through 14 Technology Summit in Taipei, Taiwan. The next one could be published in October, 2005.
As you know, the NATEA Journal is the flagship of NATEA organization that serves as a means of communication between NATEA, our members, sponsors, and friends. The contents of the NATEA Journal covers the NATEA organization, emerging technologies, and technological policies in Taiwan, the USA and world-wide.
For the NATEA Annual Journal, we plan to cover the following different technologies:
- Digital Contents
- Information Security
- The Start-up opportunities
- Civil Engineering
NATEA was founded in 1991. After fourteen years of steady growth, we are ready to expand the coverage of the NATEA Journal starting 2005. In addition to technical topics, we would also like to cover the issues and concerns of NATEA members and their spouses.
Below are several suggested topics for the publication:
- Letter/comment to NATEA staff and Board members: Expectations and suggestions
- Issues and Concerns with outsourcing from the USA
- Economic downturn and its impacts on the USA and Taiwan
- Life with a science or technology career: difficulties/enjoyment/achievement
- Improving global competitiveness of Taiwanese high-tech industries or Bridging high-tech technological gaps between Taiwan and Silicon Valley
- The decreasing number of Taiwanese graduate-students in the USA: the economic, cultural and educational impact on the USA and Taiwan
- American born Taiwanese professionals, the impact of cultural differences
- Chinese (Mandarin) / Taiwanese education for younger generations
Please write an article in any of these areas or any other appropriate topics that you wish to share with others. In addition to your write-up, your pictures or tables can be inserted in the text with captions of 9 pt font. The NATEA Journal Review Committee will review submitted articles, select and edit them before publication. The authors of selected articles receive a token of appreciation to be presented at the NATEA Annual Conference beginning this year.
Please make time to sit down and write an article for the NATEA Journal anytime of the year, for work or for daily life. This is a great opportunity for you to share with us your knowledge, thoughts, ideas, and concerns. It is the sharing and caring from all of us that keeps NATEA growing.
To keep our members, sponsors and supporters, and friends (world-wide and in Taiwan), better informed and better connected with global high-tech industries, the NATEA and the Silicon Valley Taiwanese American Industrial Technology Association (TAITA-SV) have decided to jointly publish the "Overseas Taiwanese Science and Technology Newsletter (OTSTN)" for reporting the regional chapter activities and corporate sponsors' ads and logos. For your information, the first issue of the OTSTN was published in May, 2005. We plan to publish the next one in early September during the Overseas Taiwan High-Tech HiRecruit Job Fair.
For your information, NATEA-SV will hold (please see www.natea.org) the following activities:
For the NATEA Journals and the NATEA / TAITA-SV Newsletters, we will like to entertain our
corporate sponsors' ads and logos. Thank you for your support and we look forward to receiving your articles soon. For more information, please contact John Huang or Tom Chang or John Yu.
- Taiwan High-Tech HiRecruit Job Fair on September 25.
- 2005 Annual Banquet (Keynote Speaker: Dr.Yuan-Tseh Lee) on October 21.
- 2005 UTHF on e-Security on October 22.
President, NATEA Silicon Valley Chapter
Vice President, NATEA Headquarters
Editor Group, "NATEA Journal" and "Newsletter"